Choose a health policy to evaluate for this presentation and answer the following questions: I chose- Adolescent Suicide Prevention
- Critically analyze and related issues surrounding the policy to consumers, nursing, other health professions, and other stakeholders in policy and public forums.
- What is nursing leadership’s role in the development and implementation of institutional, local, state, federal, and/or international health policy?
- What is the impact of nursing influence on policymakers through their active participation on committees, boards, or task forces at the institutional, local, state, regional, national, and/or international levels to improve health care delivery and outcomes?
- What are some ways that you can do to educate others, including policymakers at all levels, regarding nursing, health policy, and patient care outcomes?
- Analyze the nursing profession’s advocacy process within the policy and healthcare communities that relate to your selected policy.
- Explain nursing responsibility to develop, evaluate, and provide leadership for health care policy that shapes health care financing, regulation, and delivery.
- Identify the connection between health outcomes and advocacy for social justice, equity, and ethical policies within all healthcare arenas for your selected policy.