- Week 5 DiscussionDiscussion Topic Due July 1 at 11:59 PMDiscussion Assignment
The discussion assignment provides a forum for discussing relevant topics for this week based on the course competencies covered
For this assignment, make sure you post your initial response to the Discussion Area by the due date assigned. Discussion5 Cost Comparison Analysis
To support your work, use your course and text readings and also use outside sources. As in all assignments, cite your sources in your work and provide references for the citations in APA format.
Start reviewing and responding to the postings of your classmates as early in the week as possible. Respond to at least two of your classmates. Participate in the discussion by asking a question, providing a statement of clarification, providing a point of view with a rationale, challenging an aspect of the discussion, or indicating a relationship between two or more lines of reasoning in the discussion. Complete your participation for this assignment by the end of week.
Cost Comparison Analysis Discussion5 Cost Comparison Analysis
Economic issues are always to be considered during the process of program planning and evaluation. Economic evaluations are analyses that center on the cost of a program and the relationship of the cost to the outcome or impact of the program.
A cost comparison analysis compares the costs of at least two programs. CEA, CBA, and CUA are examples of cost comparison analyses.
Use the South University Online Library or the Internet to research on cost comparison analysis. Create a report in a 4- to 5-page Microsoft Word document that includes the following: Discussion5 Cost Comparison Analysis
- An analysis and explanation of the pros and cons of a CEA. Describe how health program planners would use a CEA to assist them in making decisions about their programs.
- An analysis and explanation of the pros and cons of a CBA. Describe how health program planners would use a CBA to assist them in making decisions about their programs.
- An analysis and explanation of the pros and cons of a CUA. Describe how health program planners would use a CUA to assist them in making decisions about their programs.
- Select two public health programs that you would like to compare by means of an economic evaluation. Analyze identify and describe the type of economic analysis that you would use in the evaluation.