Changes in Nursing Practice; The field of nursing has changed over time. In a 750‐1,000 word paper, discuss nursing practice today by addressing the following:
1. Explain how nursing practice has changed over time and how this evolution has changed the scope of practice and the approach to treating the individual.
2. Compare and contrast the differentiated practice competencies between an associate and baccalaureate education in nursing. Explain how scope of practice changes between an associate and baccalaureate nurse.
3. Identify a patient care situation and describe how nursing care or approaches to decision‐making differ between the BSN‐prepared nurse and the ADN nurse.
4. Discuss the significance of applying evidence‐based practice to nursing care and explain how the academic preparation of the RN‐BSN nurse supports its application.
5. Discuss how nurses today communicate and collaborate with interdisciplinary teams and how this supports safer and more effective patient outcomes.
Prepare this assignment according to the guidelines found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success
Center. An abstract is not required. This assignment uses a rubric. Please review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion. You are required to submit this assignment to LopesWrite. Refer to the LopesWrite Technical Support articles for assistance. Changes in Nursing Practice
Define critical thinking and evidence-based practice. Discuss what critical thinking in nursing practice entails and
explain why it is important. Discuss the role of critical thinking and evidence-based practice as they relate to
Describe how the nursing profession is viewed by the general public. Discuss factors that influence the public’s
perception of nursing? Describe ways to educate the general public on the professional nurse’s role and scope of
nursing within a changing health care system.