Assignment 2 Business Ethics and Social Responsibility
Deadline: Week 7- 29/07/2021 @ 23:59
|Course Name: Business Ethics and Social Responsibility||Student’s Name:|
|Course Code: MGT422||Student’s ID Number:|
|Academic Year: 1441/1442 H|
For Instructor’s Use only
|Students’ Grade: Out of 10||Level of Marks: Low/Middle/High|
Instructions – PLEASE READ THEM CAREFULLY The Assignment must be submitted on Blackboard (WORD format only) via allocated folder. Business Ethics and Social Responsibility
- Assignments submitted through email will not be accepted.
- Students are advised to make their work clear and well presented; marks may be reduced for poor presentation. This includes filling your information on the cover page.
- Students must mention question number clearly in their answer.
- Late submission will NOT be accepted.
- Avoid plagiarism, the work should be in your own words, copying from students or other resources without proper referencing will result in ZERO marks. No exceptions.
- All answered must be typed using Times New Roman (size 12, double-spaced) No pictures containing text will be accepted and will be considered plagiarism).
- Submissions without this cover page will NOT be accepted.
Department of Business Administration
Business Ethics and Social Responsibility – MGT 422
Course Learning Outcomes:
- Develop awareness and understanding of cultural and national differences related to ethics.
- Write coherent project about a case study or an actual research about ethics.
- Login to Saudi Digital Library (SDL).
- Search for the article entitled as Taken for a Ride: Fraud at the Ministry of Transport Case. by Gee & Bridgman (2019). in SAGE Business Cases.
- Besides this research paper use other relevant material to support your answers.
1– Why is the ability for employees to ‘blow the whistle’ important for the reputation of organizations? Consider this in relation to the case. (2.5 points, words 150-200).
2– What aspects of the ministry’s culture made it more/less likely that staff concerns about Harrison
would be taken seriously? (2.5 points, words 150-200).
3– What actions would you take to develop a culture at the ministry that encourages and rewards
employees who speak up about inappropriate behavior? (2.5 points, words 150-200).
- Based on your understanding of the reputation matrix how do you describe the type of leadership exemplified in this case by Martin Matthews? Why? (2.5 points, words 150-200)