Midterm and Final assignment: final report
Your Midterm and Final assignment takes the form of an individual report and it is divided into two parts:
Midterm – Choose one of the three following companies
- ONE of the 3 following companies:
- Use the model of supply and demand and provide a textual and diagrammatic explanation, to explain the prices and quantity of the goods that your company provides to the market. Identify the main factors that affect this market and how they influence the supply and demand for your company’s products – support your answer by providing supply and demand diagrams.
- Explain the elasticity of supply and demand of the good
Final – Part II of the report on your company (chosen for Part 1)
- Please briefly answer the theoretical questions below based on the content from Week 3 to Week 8:
- Explain the different types of market structures using both graphs and verbal explanation. Provide a specific example of each market.,
- Use Porter’s Five Forces to show how competitive your company’s market is and which market structure appropriately describes it.,
- Consider the supply chain of your company and analyse what externalities are caused by its production. Suggest how the company could compensate for or reduce these externalities.
This report should be completed by you individually, it is not a group assignment.
- Wordcount: 1500 words (approximately for ‘Part A’ 750 words and ‘Part B’ 750 words)
- Cover, Table of Contents, References and Appendix are excluded of the total wordcount.
- Font: Arial 12,5 pts.
- Text alignment: Justified.
- The in-text References and the Bibliography have to be in Harvard’s citation style.
- Word or Pdf formats are accepted.
It assesses the following learning outcomes:
- Outcome 1: Demonstrate an understanding of economic decision-making of different actors.
- Outcome 2: Understand the relationship between economic theory and practice.
- Outcome 3: Evaluate real life situations with practical application of the acquired tools and knowledge.