This Competency Assessment assesses the following outcome(s):Healthcare Finance and Economic Principles
HA415M6-6: Explain health care financing and economic principles as they apply to healthcare policymaking.
Throughout the modules you have had the opportunity to learn about economics and delve into Policy as it pertains to health care. Now it is time for you to create an intervention! At this stage of the modules your thoughts about health policy should have changed, evolved, and clarified. Now is your chance to put them on paper. Let’s do it! Healthcare Finance and Economic Principles
You are responsible to choose ONE objective from the Exhibit 10.1 of Healthy People 2020 in Chapter 10 of your textbook. You will choose your financing options, consider the economics behind the objective, and develop an outline of the proposed intervention and pitch it your designated local, state, or federal representative.
Your paper should be, professional, well organized, and logical to support your viewpoints and purpose clearly. The paper should be written in APA format, include at least four references, and should be 3–4 pages in length, not including the title page and reference page. Be sure to use correct spelling, punctuation, and grammar.
Please be sure to review the various Academic Tools to assist you with meeting APA and Standard English expectations for written Assignments.
Choose ONE objective from the Exhibit 10.1 of Healthy People 2020 in Chapter 10 of your textbook.
Research and include current laws pertaining to your objective to assist in your proposed changes to address the health problem.
Determine whether your intervention will apply at the local, state, or federal level.
Outline your proposal with financing economical and policy information of the objective by pitching it to a chosen local state or federal governmental entity (Representative etc.).
Include four (4) academic resources including the textbook.
Minimum Submission Requirements
- This Assessment should be a Microsoft Word (3-4 page) document, in addition to the title and reference pages.
- Respond to the questions in a thorough manner, providing specific examples of concepts, topics, definitions, and other elements asked for in the questions. Your submission should be highly organized, logical, and focused.
- Your submission must be written in Standard English and demonstrate exceptional content, organization, style, and grammar and mechanics.
- Your submission should provide a clearly established and sustained viewpoint and purpose.
- Your writing should be well ordered, logical and unified, as well as original and insightful.
- A separate page at the end of your submission should contain a list of references, in APA format. Use your textbook, the Library, and the internet for research.
- Be sure to cite both in-text and reference list citations where appropriate and reference all sources. Your sources and content should follow proper APA citation style. Review the writing resources for APA formatting and citation found in Academic Tools. Additional writing resources can be found within the Academic Success Center.
- Your submission should:
- include a cover sheet;
- be double-spaced;
- be typed in Times New Roman, 12 -point font;
- include correct citations
- be written in Standard English with no spelling or punctuation errors; and
- include correct references at the bottom of the last page.
If work submitted for this competency assessment does not meet the minimum submission requirements, it will be returned without being scored.
Plagiarism is an act of academic dishonesty. It violates the University Honor Code, and the offense is subject to disciplinary action. You are expected to be the sole author of your work. Use of another person’s work or ideas must be accompanied by specific citations and references. Whether the action is intentional or not, it still constitutes plagiarism.
For more information on University’s Plagiarism policy, refer to the current University Catalog.